Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh Babs... Top 10 Most Fascinating People? Really??

Barbara Walters via People.com
Growing up, I wanted to be JUST like Barbara Walters... you know... interviewing Michael Jackson, asking the hard hitting questions, being the world's most respected reporter who ALWAYS got the great interviews.

I would get so excited for her annual Top 10 interviews with the world's most interesting people. I always had this big, goofy smile plastered across my face as I sat right in front of the TV studying every question and response, wondering how I could one day be as cool as Barbara was.

But not this year.

I... I am almost at a loss for words. Bab's Top 10 was just released (well except for the mystery guest) and, holy fuck me sideways with a cactus, it is more painful than reading the first chapter of 50 Shades of Grey. 

Really, Barbara?? REALLY???

E.L. James, author of Fifty Shades of Grey
Actor Ben Affleck
Seth MacFarlane...the brains behind Family Guy
Hillary Clinton
Honey Boo Boo
One Direction
Ugh. With the exception of Seth MacFarlane (who I love love LOVE and truly think IS brilliant and deserving of this interview) and of course Miss Hillary who is always interesting, my eyes can't roll far enough back in my head to express my utter disgust with this list.

Honey Boo Boo via realitynation.com
Honey. Fucking. Boo Boo. The only top 10 list she should be associated with is "Things that are wrong with society."

Ben Affleck? Really? He was interesting when Kevin Smith discovered him.

One Direction?? Aren't they a one-hit wonder?

And 50 Shades of "Are you fucking kiddin' me?" If all you sex-starved moms want is good erotica and to learn about handcuffs and ball gags, Google is your friend.

GAH! *taking a sip of coffee* 

OK, since I'm going to criticize this list I may as well throw out my own Top 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012 list so you all can criticize mine.

Ahem.

Perez Hilton via Twitter
Perez Hilton. Say what you want about him but his transformation (both physical and spiritual) is admirable. Plus I owe him for that word, FIERCE... cuz I stole it from him.

Justin Bieber. It's the year of Beliebing... yup and after he brought his mom on stage with him to accept his Artist of the Year award at the American Music Awards this week, he earned a special place in my mommy heart. Good kid, that Biebs.

Kristin Stewart & Rob Pattinson. Not because I care about or have seen/read the Twilight series but because A) I know it would draw major attention for an interview and B) you know you wanna hear about the *gasp* cheating scandal.

Katie Holmes via Eonline.com
Katie Holmes. Yah you know you want all the juicy deets from her divorce. Plus I think she's been through a helluva lot and is in her transformation year.

Jeremy Lin. Don't know who he is? Total role model THAT is who he is. Google him.

Channing Tatum. Duh.

Sara Blakely. The woman gave you Spanx. She's also the first female billionaire by the age of 40 AND she doesn't have an MBA. She also launched her business with only $5,000.

Jeremy Lin via NBA.com
President Barack Obama. I'm apathetic when it comes to politics (there, I said it) but this is a guy who generations will read about and study and I would LOVE to interview him.

There. There's a few people I would have on my list. Who would you put on YOUR most fascinating list of 2012??



Return to You Are FIERCE



No comments:

Post a Comment